"Woah!, Woah!"
I immediately learned a lot of things from that single day of bazaar-ing and I must say, I was such a noob people had no difficulty in haggling with me. To help anyone who would like to know what it’s like to sell products at a bazaar, here are some of the things I immediately took notice of and are definitely in my list of lessons learned. That is, if you don’t mind hearing some of what I have observed as a bazaar first-timer.
Theme/ Uniformity
What I immediately noticed when we arrived at the bazaar was how uniform or whole the idea and theme of each booth was! I came with a gamut of products that did not all fall into the same category. They had brand new, pre-loved and also imported items. They had clothes to sell. When I looked around me, everyone was either selling just food, just clothes, just beauty products or just fashion accessories. Almost none of the booths around me sold more than one category of item.
Don’t Over-Sell, Give Customers Some Space
Personally, as a customer who is just looking at a shop, I find it irritable when the sales person follows me and keeps talking about every item I touch. I saw the same discomfort with the people I saw that passed by the booths at the bazaar when they tried to encourage them about their items. People seem to prefer that, someone who wouldn’t pounce on or aggressively pursue you just for the opportunity of selling.
If You Can, Have Some Fun And Buy Some Affordable Products
Bazaar in tagalog is “tiangge” and people go there for great great finds, which equates to affordable items. People like to go home from shopping with enough money left for some surprise expenses the next day. They also expect to acquire more items for less than the usual store price, so pre-loved items could be a hit, if not wholesale ones.
Here’s a pic we took with our lovely adviser, Mrs. Evelyn Reyes Vera Cruz<<33.
Comments
Post a Comment